TECH: 3 URL Expanders to avoid Spam

Have you ever heard of URL shorteners? Of course, you have! Url shorteners make it easier to post on your favorite social media networks. Now tell me this, do you ever get tweets from people you follow, but they look kind of fishy, and you're so tempted to check because you're noisy. But, then you're also scared because of all the spam that's going around and you don't want to lose a lifetime of memories and hard work with just one click! Thanks to Mashable, here are 3 URL expanders to help you avoid those spammy links. I've tested 3 out 5 of their suggestions for URL expansion services and found these to be the easiest to use

1. WHERE DOES THIS LINK GO?

2. LONGURL


3. URL X-RAY

I get tweets from people I follow all the time, saying "Did you see what they wrote about you?" or "This is so funny you should check it out" each with some crazy link on the end. And the owners of the account don't even know their account has been hacked!

Good luck!

Have a great Sunday!!! 

post signature

2 comments

  1. I have used this before but stopped. Time to go back to it. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This is a great post! I'm always sketched out by Twitter posts unless I'm positive of who the person is posting it. I think more people need to be aware of this!

    P.S. I'm a new follower from Rebecca's blog hop. You have a lot of great posts that I could definitely comment on...don't want you to think I'm a creeper! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

© A CHICAGO MOMMaira Gall