Are you having a bloglife crisis? Tips to help you get over "Blogger's Block".


Do you question what and why you are blogging? Is this a question that you ask yourself a few times a month? Is it because day after day you have ideas for your blog, but you think they may not be good enough compared to other bloggers. So those posts never get published!

That person is definitely me. What some people don't know about me, is that I've been a blogger since 2008. I become a SAHM for the very first time and just wanted to keep myself busy. I've blogged about so many different things. I started off as a freebies blogger, back then, that was really HOT (remember Freebies4mom.com), most bloggers were blogging about how to get freebies and ways to get $750 worth of groceries for only $2. That was the "IT" thing to do! I think I fell off that blog wagon quickly for two reasons: 1. You did not need a blog to get freebies and 2. That blog niche had become so saturated. Everybody and their cousin were blogging about how to get freebies!

I took some time off blogging, and "oh boy" has it changed!

"Freebies" now require a sponsored post. The rise of social media has changed blogging tremendously. Businesses are interested in you based on your social media numbers. Wait! Can you believe back in 2008 social media wasn't as prevalent as it is today? I don't know my life without Pinterest and Instagram! With this massive change the blog niches have also changed, the broad term used to describe one's blog today is "Lifestyle Blog". Do you have a "Lifestyle Blog"? Well, I do and half the time I don't know if that's the proper term to describe my blog, but it works for now. I currently working on coining my own term, so stay tuned...

In the middle of discovering what I really want my blog focus to be, I discovered that I might be having a "bloglife crisis". :(

bloglife crisis  (my definition)
noun
a period of psychological stress caused by trying to measure up to everyone else in the blog community, feeling inadequate compared to other bloggers, not knowing where you fit in this community of successful bloggers. People who have bloglife crisis really love blogging, but don't know how to tackle their issues.

The idea for this post is to help you get over "Blogger's Block" and cure this bloglife crisis!

I absolutely love the blogging community. I've learned so many great things and met some awesome people along the way. It's not just about earning a small income (which helps), but about sharing what I love as a woman and mother with as many people that will read it. Nonetheless, sometimes I forget what my purpose is and how to achieve it.

Here are some tips that have helped me:

1. Change the look of your blog, determine whether it fits you and the direction of your blog at this time in your blog life. Make some changes to the color, layout and/or message of your blog.

2. Explore other blogs or resources similar to your blog niche. See what others are doing find out what has worked for them. Talk to bloggers, use your social media resources.

3. Look for inspiration in everything you do. What is it that you love to do? Share it on your blog.

4. Explore new or old passions (you might find something you want to share). Blog about your hobbies, give readers a behind the scenes look into what you do.

5. Write down everything (a million thoughts a day, there has to be a great post in there somewhere). Ideas can come from anywhere; magazines, books, TV shows etc..

6. Reevaluate your priorities - find out what's stopping you from being inspired. Is it time, lack of resources or just personal space to get creative?

7. Tap into a network, its networks like SITS Girls that help empower you and give you tips on getting the most out of your efforts as a blogger.

One thing that every blogger should remember, there is just one YOU. As long, as you are original and have passion for your work, there is someone that will listen!

Do you have any tips to add to this list, please share, bloggers with bloglife crisis everywhere can really use your help?

Are you experiencing a bloglife crisis?

How are you getting through it?
post signature

12 comments

  1. Great post, Cece! And just on time! I've been going through my own form of blogger's block and a lot of it has to do with my own personal stresses and not being able to translate them to paper. Thanks for these great tips in getting past it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! I know this is something that we all go through at some point in our bloglife.

      Delete
  2. Great post and awesome tips. I have gone through a couple of bloglife crisis since I started blogging in 2006.

    When I am having issues with writer's block, I will often look for writing communities that give out a prompt, and try to write to it. I find that helps me to get past my block, and participating in those communities helps me to feel inspired to write more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Thanks for the tips! This is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tips! Bloglife crisis is the perfect term!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you agree that blogging has change greatly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, I hope it does help!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been carrying around a notebook and jotting down ideas and personal thoughts as they come to me. They are working their way into posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips and Inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Stopping by via the Weekday Mixer, and just wanted to say "hi", and that I love your blog! I'm new at this, only 5 posts in, and I think I'm already having a bloglife crisis, LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

© A CHICAGO MOMMaira Gall