Why do you Blog?

Just the other day on Facebook Kim from This Ole Mom ask the question; "Why do you Blog? or Why do you read blogs?".  What a great topic for a blog post right? Do you really know why you blog? 


What I can tell you is that I started off blogging to keep myself busy being a SAHM for the first time. At first, blogging turned into learning opportunities for me as a mother and wife, and more recently as an entrepreneur. Blogging has taught me so many things and is continuing to teach me. 
A little ole blog was probably the start of some very prominent brands today.

I can say that I've also met some incredible bloggers along the way. And more recently becoming apart of some great blogging groups. And, although I may seem to be a very quiet blogger, I am extremely observant to the blogging practices in this growing community. Blogger's expectations these days are enormous. Blogger's complain about, how people comment on there posts! Like visiting there blog isn't enough!!! Blogger's complain about not getting followed back if they have followed you. I think these complaints are ridiculous. If you are here reading this post right now, I want it to be because you wanted to take a minute of your day to read what I have to say. Not because you are returning a favor.  Blogging for most is all about the numbers. Higher numbers in page views means more compensation for the blogger. I would like or wish to think that you followed me because you wanted to keep up with A Chicago Mom. Not because you had to. And If I follow you it's because I am interested in what you have to say, not because I was returning the favor. Trust me, I don't want my timeline flooded with nonsense!

I blog because I want to share what I am feeling, learning, or doing with you! I read blogs because they are one of the only places to get the most honest opinions of people just like you.
My goals is not to become rich from blogging or have mountains and mountains of freebies in my home from the benefits of blogging. Blogging for me is about meeting awesome people, learning, sharing and potentially building a brand off my own talents and education


No matter the ups and downs of blogging whatever that may be, it has been, and still is a very rewarding experience. 

And that I am grateful for :)
Now tell me, Why do you blog??
post signature

8 comments

  1. LOVE this! Thank you so much for sharing this post! I just started blogging, February 1st. Been wanting to in hopes of being an encouragement to other women coming through divorce. Also in hopes of connecting and learning more! I was so stressed over getting 100 "likes" on my FB page! And I read your post right now...and it helps me remember WHY I wanted to blog in the first place. Thank you! Looking forward to reading more! ~Marcy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on taking the leap into blogging! I wish you the best! I stick by one golden rule, as long as I'm blogging because I love to and want to, then I will never be disappointed.


    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds just like me! I used to be a deal blogger for extra income- but then started a personal blog for that same reason. I just wanted a place to share my thoughts, ideas, and commiserate with other moms- without judgement, condemnation, or pettiness. I am getting back into it after an almost 2-year hiatus (life got busy). Joining you from the That Friday Blog Hop! I'm glad to see another like-minded blogger so soon after my return to blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I began blogging as a way to journal my life for my children, and now that we are daily vloggers, my blog has changed into a "sharing what Ive learned in life" kinda blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the blog. I decided to blog about peaceful parenting to spread a message on peace in home around the world and help more parents support their kids without shame blame judgment or fear. it is great to be reminded of my purpose. i enjoyed your blog very much.
    Passed by from Throwback Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for writing this. Blogging is a tough business! I like your perspective, I view lack of comments as the visitor didn't enjoy my post. Really it may just be they are quiet and dont want to reveal their name. I enjoy reading why people choose to blog. Thanks for linking up with our Throwback Thursday link up. I hope you will come back next week and share another old post that needs some new love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I blog to share the ideas that are rattling around inside my head all the time. Visiting from Throwback Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

© A CHICAGO MOMMaira Gall