10 Ways to keep a creative mind active

1. Make lists: Write down all your thoughts, ideas, words and even quotes. The may not make sense at first, but it will all come together in the end.

2. Carry a notebook everywhere: I have a ton of notebooks! Have a new notebook for each different plans that you have in mind. I have a notebook for my Etsy Shop, one for my CSS and HTML notes and one for my Graphic design mock ups and ideas. You can never have too many and you will always be organized.

3. Go somewhere new: Get out the house, go to a coffee shop. I go to Panera Bread!

4. Stop trying to be someone else: Be you, try new things! Thinking outside the box, it will set you apart from other bloggers and that can be a good thing.

5. Surround yourself with creative people: I follow a lot of bloggers and some of them I have had a chance to chat with. Positive interactions with like minded people are always an inspiration to me.

6. Get some rest: After a good night sleep I always feel a lot better than the day before. I forget about the problems of the day prior and take on the tasks with a fresh perspective.

7. Listen to new music: Music gets me into a zone.

8. Take a break: Don't spend all of your time trying to figure out one problem. Walk away, start something new and get back to it later, with a fresh mind.

9. Count your blessings: If you truly understand what you already have, the pressure for new things won't force you to create something that you don't believe in. Appreciate what you have and take time working on a project you really believe in.

10. Don't give up: "IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, TRY, TRY AGAIN." - William E. Hickson

Of course, there are more, but these are a great start to keep you creatively active!

What do you do to stay creative?
XO,
post signature

1 comment

  1. thank you love the list started carrying my art journal (just started a couple of weeks ago) with me to doodle whenever I get the chance

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

© A CHICAGO MOMMaira Gall